Sunday, March 04, 2007

Just for Fun....

Before we reveal the names we've selected for Baby Sanderson #2, we were inspired by 2 of our friends (both are named Kelly) to try a little experiment...

Our friend Kelli B. LOVES naming babies (I do too!) she's so fun to talk to about baby names so this post is especially for her (and all the other people who LOVE to talk baby names just for fun!). Our other friend, Kelly V., actually gave us the idea. She and her family live in Benin, West Africa where it is customary for new parents to select someone to name their baby for them. The chosen person(s) waits until a special ceremony (I think it's held a month after the baby is born) to reveal the name of the baby to the parents. Now, I wouldn't be brave enough to do this for real....or really want to, because coming up with a name is one of my favorite parts of having a baby!!

But FOR FUN, we thought it'd be interesting to let our blogging friends share the names that they think would fit our new little babe best. We'll reveal the names we've already selected in a few days. The only "rule" is that you can only select 1 girl name and 1 boy name....please don't list a bazillion options. Narrow it down to the one you would absolutely choose if we selected you to be in charge of naming our baby boy or girl!! You can do first and middle name or just first.....

Can't wait to hear what you come up with!

16 comments:

tamandscott said...

Peyton (unisex)! I love that name but got stuck with the B-names instead!

I almost said "Joe" and "Angie"...

Anonymous said...

Grace Joy for a girl and Philip Lee

Kelli said...

awesome! how fun! and for the record, i don't like to NAME people's babies... i just like to hear what they are naming them or what they are considering naming them. naming them would be too much pressure! but, if asked, i would give advice or try and help in any way i can. :)

as for your little one (and i know you like to use family names for middle names so i won't even attempt those)... i still love the name Lincoln, which is what you would have named Faith if she were a boy. the nickname Linc is so cute, so I would go with Lincoln. if it's a girl, i wouldn't do the Faith, Hope, Love thing... but i would probably go with a name that means one of those things. so i think my favorite out of what i have found is Anna (means grace). a simply beautiful name with a beautiful meaning.

so there you go! Lincoln or Anna. i can't wait to hear what your real choices are!! i'm sure i'll love them. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't envy you. I always had a had time narrowing down names for my kids. I could list a zillion names for you, but here are my 2. Ephraim and Hadassah are my bets... Happy baby!!

LB

angie c said...

Hey, what's wrong with Angie?

Girl: Hazel

Boy: Ben

Jill said...

I love talking baby names too!! I've had mine selected for a long time, but unfortunately Tim doesn't like all of them :)! To stick with a music theme, I would select Fanny J. for a girl and John Newton for a boy :). Can't wait to hear what you have really selected!

Candice said...

For a boy, I like David or Benjamin (I really liked those names before I married into my family).

I thought you always liked Hannah. Faith and Hannah would be cute. I like the name Amelia.

Anonymous said...

Jaime,

Thanks for those books! :-)

I think "Joy" Sanderson would be a great name for a girl.

And keep Lincoln for a boy!

Jill Young

Anonymous said...

Boy: Adam
Girl: Molly

Can't wait to hear the real contenders!
Love, Eileen

Kendra said...

Boy: Brandon
Girl: Sydney
Sydney has always been our "girl" name through all three of my pregnancies, and Brandon is the name of a neat young man that I used to babysit who has grown into a great man of God. I just like them! Have fun!!! I love picking out names . .

Brooks Inc. said...

Ok-

I love the name Glory for a girl...

I love the name Elijah because it means, "The Lord is my God"

Most of all - I love little Baby Sanderson!
What an absolute delight He or she will be!

BJB

Laura Scott said...

I've always secretly liked the name Zephryn...I guess it's derived from Zephania. Somehow it just didn't fit with our classics Randy, Laura, and Bradley, so we went with Jake. Hmmm...for a little girl....I guess my brain just won't even go there...sorry.

Anonymous said...

Boy: Methuselah or Brent

Girl: Brentana

Anonymous said...

Ooh - how fun! :)
My suggestions are names that I love but that we will never use because Ben does not like them. :)

boy - Josiah - which means "God will save"
girl- Anastasia - which means "resurrection"

Anonymous said...

For a boy my suggestion is Melchizedek.

Kelly Vaughn said...

I like the names Rebecca and Lee Ann for a girl and I like the names Samuel and Andrew for boys!

Can't wait to hear what you guys have come up with!

Sweet Blessings are on the way!

Kelly