Saturday, August 27, 2005

A Week at the Outer Banks

Returned today from a wonderful week on the beach with my wife & her family. We were about 8 miles north of Corolla on North Carolina's beautiful Outer Banks. Perfect weather, lots of good food, great company, and my very beautiful, tanned, 6-months-pregnant wife by my side...sheer delight. Thank you God for a safe & happy vacation. (oh yeah, seeing the dolphins on Friday evening was especially cool.) Something about the beach just screams out God's goodness, His presence, His creativity, His power, His majesty (sunrise/sunsets), His provision. To think His thoughts about me outnumber the grains of sand is completely humbling.

And congratulations to my sister-in-law Michelle Bond who wed her beau Brad Auler on Wednesday evening in a sunset ceremony. Guys, thanks for letting me be a part of your special occasion! Brielle, you were the perfect maid of honor! :)

This week was body-surfing, castle-building, Euchre-playing, mouth-stuffing, non-stop fun! The wild mustangs of Corolla are quite fascinating, and we got pretty close to one of the pregnant ones on one afternoon walk. The chestnut mare was expecting, so I think she let us get so close because Jaime was expecting...mothers have a special way of watching out for one another.

Watch for pictures of the trip as soon as I can figure out how to post them.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Hey Murray! Welcome to blog-world! It was great to see Jaime when she was in Dallas last month - thanks for sharing her with us!

Donna said...

Hi Murray! Glad to find your blog. Wonderful news and congratulations! I look forward to your insights, highs/lows through your posts.
Blessings, Donna Wright