Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Birthday Parties & a "Big Girl"....

Whew...we have been so busy!! Lots of birthday parties, weddings, unpacking, etc. Here's a partial recap....more pics to come later.My mom turned 60 last month. We hosted our first family gathering at our new house. It was so much fun honoring such a special woman!! My sister, Kim and I bought her 60 roses and had special messages attached to each rose from all her family and friends.
My sister, Kim, turned 30 last week. It was fun showering her with some special gifts, yummy birthday cake....and an especially delicious dinner at BD's mongolian BBQ.
Our nephew, Sterling, turned 5 last week. We got to celebrate with him during our family trip to Virginia. So fun!
Here's our big girl!! She is growing leaps and bounds and we LOVE LOVE LOVE being her parents. She makes us so proud! Her pony tails make her look especially grown up.

Faith has officially moved to a big girl bed. The transition was so easy. She has taken to it quite well. No fussing, escaping or falling. We know that's a blessing!

Can this be our baby girl sleeping in such a big bed?????
She's taken to her big sister role quite well. She kisses Eli ALL THE TIME, gives him his paci and runs to me when he starts crying and "tells" me to go help him. Here she is "holding" him.
Her love for books has continued to develop. She now will turn pages and "read aloud" what's on each page. She's very independent and won't let Murray and I read to her much. She'll sit for 1-2 pages and then runs off but if she is in charge she'll sit and "read" for about 15 minutes.
And here's a couple pics of our precious Eli! He has brought us so much joy!!

He is growing SO FAST! He has started to smile but I haven't been able to catch one on camera yet.

We'll be back soon (I promise) with pics from our trip to Charlottsville, VA for Murray's cousin's wedding. It was so much fun and so great to be around his family again.

3 comments:

Holly O'Quinn said...

Jaime, your kids are so cute and the last picture of Eli is PRECIOUS! What a wonderful way to honor your mom with 60 roses all with sweet words. What a blessing! I'm so glad to be able to read how you are doing through your blog. Thanks for updating!!!

Kelli said...

the kids look great and are getting so big!!! i love seeing the pics and glad to you know you guys are doing well. :)

angie c said...

Yea! I'm so glad you updated. I've been wondering about you. Faith has so much more hair now and it is more beautiful every time I see her! She's precious. That goes with out saying.

Eli is also so so cute. I know you're enjoying him. Love ya!