Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Going South

Well, we had big plans and headed south this past weekend. We arrived in Nashville, TN to attend the Zoe worship conference Thursday morning. Not long after our arrival our plans for a wonderful time of praise, renewal, fellowship with old friends (and a special trip to visit my college roomie who is newly pregnant with baby #4) "went south" as a nasty stomach virus infected most of our family. Eli was the first to get it, then Faith took her turn and finally it came to me. Fortunately, it didn't stick around long with the kids but man did it ever have a hold on me. We made 2 trips to the ER this past weekend.

We are back home recovering well and are mostly over this nasty bug. YUCK!! I always forget how much I HATE to be sick until I get REALLY sick.

Murray was the BIGGEST CHAMPION of our family as he cared for all three of us in a cramped hotel room (it was actually a really nice room but Faith likes to have a bit more space to run around in). It was definitely not a fun experience but I couldn't have asked for better care. He didn't complain at all.

Thank you God for good medical care and for healing our bodies! And thank you, especially for a wonderful husband!!!

11 comments:

Jenni said...

so sorry that you were all sick!! I looked for you at Zoe, but didn't see you....guess that is why! hope you are all back to 100% soon.

Katherine said...

Ooh -- yuck! That is the worst - to go on a trip that you've been looking forward to for so long, and then get sick.

Glad to hear that you guys are feeling better! :)

jaime s said...

Thanks for the sympathies!

Jenni--I was hoping to get to see you as well. I wasn't sure if you were going to go or not...but I know you've gone in the past.

Katherine--I meant to add that we are disinfecting our house before your arrival so I hope you still plan on coming :)

Anonymous said...

Murray and Jaime, Thanks so much for meeting us for dinner before you all got sick! It was great to see you all, and I am so sory the rest of the trip was a bummer. Hope you are feeling better.

Eileen

Candice said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. So sad to be so close to you and miss our visit together. We will have to plan something again soon.

I'm so thankful you have such a sweet husband who will take great care of you when you need him (did he put a cool rag on your head :)?).


Love you!

Anonymous said...

what, no pictures?!

Amy Paden said...

Glad to hear everyone is feeling better. We have the cds of Randy Harris and Brian McLaren keynotes. If you guys would like copies of those I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for us to do that and mail them.

Jerri said...

Ugh! That is one nasty and fast moving bug! Nathan, our son, had it last Thursday, and thought it was food poisoning, because he left his sandwich in the car on a hot day when he was working....and then ate it. Sat. night, Don and I watched Conner so Chris and Cam could have a night out. Sun. night, I started getting sick, and Monday Cam....and maybe Conner had it! I was sick that I made the baby sick--if I did! (I was kissing all over his face, but I didn't know I was sick!) Oh, that really stinks to be looking forward to going to Zoe and then to be stuck with sick kids away from home. I know what you mean by being thankful for a great husband caretaker. I hope everyone stays well. Maybe when fall sets in, the germs will die.....

angie c said...

Candice told me about your sickness today. I'm so sorry. There's nothing worse than throwing up. Ick. I hope you're all better now.

Brooks Inc. said...

J-me-

So sorry you guys have been sick...I have sure been missing you lately.

KNow that I think about you adn ray for you guys often...hope you are all feeling 100% soon!

BJB

Monica said...

What a family memory you guys made!! That stomach bug always shows up at the worst time. Of course I can't think of any good time to puke!!!