Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blessing...

We received an incredible gift from one of our dear family friends, Morton J. He was in town visiting his son and his family and stopped by to see baby Eli. He offered a prayer of blessing over Eli and we were able to capture it on video. It was an incredible moment (too precious and treasured to adequately put into words). Morton is an INCREDIBLE man of faith and prays prayers that could move mountains. We will always treasure that moment and look forward to replaying Eli's blessing over and over as he grows into the man that God created him to be. Here are a couple still shots from the blessing....
The second we put Eli in Morton's arms he must've felt the Spirit moving b/c he immediately lifted his hand in praise!!

Thank you, Morton!! This meant SO MUCH to us!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful! :) I just LOVE that picture with his hand up -- it is too precious.

Jill said...

How special! I think Eli could follow in his daddy's footsteps and become a worship leader :).

Brooks Inc. said...

Love it! I am jealous of my dad that he has gotten to hold Eli before I did...

That is so precious. I am so thankful my dad was there, so thankful we serve a God who is eager to bless, so thankful that He has given you such a beautiful son!

we love the Sandersons!

Monica said...

babies always look so small in the arms of Morton!!!! Glad you guys recieved a Morton blessing. Those are special.
Jaime I hope you had a good birthday. I really just hope you remembered you had a birthday. You might want to celebrate again on your "real" birthday in August so you can remember it better. Hey wouldn't it be funny if my baby arrived on August 20th? : )

Jerri said...

Don and I were sad that we were on vacation on your last Sunday. We love you all, and we wish you all of the love and kindness you show others in your new family in Indianapolis. We may stop by sometime on our way to Oklahoma!
Love, Jerri and Don Harrington

Candice said...

So sweet! I hope to meet baby Eli soon.

Anonymous said...

Finally I'm catching up on blogs. I'm hurting all over reading about Jaime's kidney stone. Superhero is right!!!! Eli is too beautiful. I love Faith's new play house. WOW!!!!

Mindy B said...

Eli looks ready to lead worship already! We miss you guys. Hope everything is going well. Send us your new address when you get a chance.