Thursday, June 07, 2007

Getting Ready....

Well, I am oficially feeling ready for the arrival of baby #2. There has been so much going on with the move and other family matters that I was afraid this baby would come and I would be TOTALLY unprepared. After our good friends had their baby nearly a month early, Murray has been asking me to get our hospital bag packed "just in case". I kept putting it off and couldn't get in gear to start packing up boxes for our move to Indiana either (a job I'd much rather do pre baby vs. post baby).

Finally, the nesting bug bit me and I got in to Mommy mode and started packing, shopping, and preparing like a mad woman!! I am happy to report that:

1) our hospital bags are packed.
2) the new baby's clothes are washed and ready for his/her arrival home.
3) about 3/4 of our house is packed up (thanks....Ramona and Emille!)
4) Faith has someone to watch her when we go to the hospital the morning of the induction.

We are REALLY getting excited now that it's less than a week and a half away! Most of Murray's family will be here for the "Big Day" which makes it even more fun!!

FYI--I returned home from a shopping trip to Walmart to buy some things for the baby. I was showing the purchases to Murray and when he saw this....
he asked me, "Who are the size 1 diapers for? Isn't Faith wearing a size 4 now?" It took him a minute then he remembered that we have ANOTHER baby coming soon!! It was cute!! Needless to say, he's got a lot on his "to do" list too!! We are hoping to get it all checked off so that after the baby arrives....all we will need to focus on is our new family of 4!!!

P.S. We've chosen "new" names for the baby and have decided to keep them a secret until the baby arrives!!

6 comments:

tamandscott said...

I can't wait to know what you're having!! Not long now!

Jill said...

less than a week and a half? wow! time flies! i can't wait to hear the news when baby #2 arrives. i only wish you two were going to be there when we come to visit in july!

Monica said...

Glad to hear of baby number 2. I have been thinking of you so much lately. I just don't know how you are packing with a belly. You are a hoss to me!!! I thought about you a lot this morning as it was my finger prick day. I passed!!!!! Can't wait for the new little one to arrive and a new name... how fun!

Laura Scott said...

Congratulations!!! ELI is adorable!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you guys!!!! What a week you have had- we are praying that everyone is doing great and can't wait to meet your new little one :).

Anonymous said...

Hi Murray & Jaime,
I talked with Darla on the phone today and she mentioned that your son had arrived!!! I didn't even know you were expecting. Shame on me for losing touch. I googled your blog and have enjoyed catching up with your lives. Faith has grown so much since we saw her last...she's beautiful. I'll check back in often now that I've found you again. Check out my blog for pictures of our family and my crazy thoughts. :) www.traceyries.wordpress.com Love you!!!