Saturday, June 21, 2008

Eli's Birthday Party

Last Saturday, we celebrated Eli's first birthday with family and friends. We held the party at a local spray park. Unfortunately, after we arrived we realized that lightning had struck the spray ground and all the water features were not working! Bummer! The main reason we chose this park was for the spray ground but someone ran home and got a sprinkler so we made do....not as cool as the real water features but the kids all ended up having a blast!


Mommy made my snorkle cake. it was a big hit with all my friends! They all wanted a piece with "the hair".I tuckered out pretty quick. After my nap, it was time for cake!! My great grandma is the best! I love it when she holds me. She turned 89 this week!!!


Faithy couldn't (and didn't) wait till it was officially cake time.
I LOVED my cake!!


I also love Cheetos!

Time for play! These Tidy Cat buckets were VERY CLEAN!! I loved to splash the water!



In lieu of gifts, Eli collected art supplies for The Julian Center's summer art program. The Julian Center is a very special shelter that helps victims of domestic violence. They were THRILLED with all the supplies we brought.

9 comments:

Katherine said...

the cake is ADORABLE!! Can we pretty-please see a bigger picture of it -- I want to know what the hair is! :)

It looks like you guys had such a fun day!!

Brooks Inc. said...

J-m...So impressed with the cake! And that picture of you and ELi laughing together is the cutest!

What a wonderful year it has been! I sure love you!

BJB

jaime s said...

Katherine--that's the closest we took. The hair is Hershey's hugs. I'll send you the link with the directions...it was SUPER easy! If you're doing a summer 1/2b-day party for Nelson, it'd would be perfect!!

Beck--thanks! You wouldn't be as impressed once you saw how easy the cake was to make, but I appreciate the comment anyway! Can't wait to hear more about your family and baby Eden!

Murray Sanderson said...

Eli, you bring us so much joy. Thanks for your smiles and your laughs and yes, even your screeches. Happy birthday buddy, and I look forward to more wrestling tonight!
Love you,
Daddy
PS - I love how you are going up AND down stairs now, and last night on the church stage, you were a natural.

Monica said...

Great party. Your cake is cute!! I love the picture of you and your little man. It was also good to see your sweet grandmother. She never changes!! Where are Miss Jaime's bithday pictures?

Laura Scott said...

You'r kids always have the cutest cakes!!! I can't believe Eli is one now. Yes I am going to try to go to our ten year. Randy won't be able to come because of football, so I will have to drive myself. I don't know where to stay either. I'd like to stay in a hotel where my friends are staying. Are yall going? If so email me and let me know where you might stay...

Candice said...

CUTE cake! I thought about doing a water party for AK and that cake would be perfect (but maybe in a girl version :)). She may have a different idea, but I would like the link to the directions if you don't mind.

Yes, the pic of you and Eli is precious!

Unknown said...

Happy 1st Birthday Eli! You are adorable and such a big boy! Jaime, that cake is sooooo cute and Faithy is an adorable big sis. We sure do miss you guys around here :).

Jerri said...

The cake is adorable and so is Eli!
Happy birthday, Eli! The pictures were great, too! I hope things go better for you all in the midwest. I've been wondering how you are. Have a great summer.