Monday, August 04, 2008

Facebook

I have a couple dear friends who have asked me to join Facebook. I know it's one of the "latest" ways to stay connected. Murray got an account a few weeks ago. I get on his every now and then to read the "What I'm doing right now" comments from his 120+ friends. I just logged on to set up my own account and it pulled up Murray's home page. I was overwhelmed at all the info that was posted. It lists who signed on to who's page, so and so became friends with so and so and on and on and on. I couldn't take it all in!!

I like for most things in my life to be very organized! I am not that tech savvy. These two reasons are making it hard for me to take the plunge into the world of Facebook. The only slight draw is my friends' request and how "cool" and "fun" everyone says it is.

Thoughts???? Shoot straight with me. How hard is it to figure out this thing called Facebook?

9 comments:

Kelli said...

i have a facebook page and it's definitely worth it just to get connected to people that you haven't seen or heard from in forever. facebook is very overwhelming, and i still haven't fully done or gone through everything it offers. but you can do it without getting into all of that if you don't want to. :)

Jenni said...

to me it is much easier than myspace or even blogging.....you sign up and others will find you! it has been fun for me to see how my worlds intertwine by browsing my friends' friends.....jump in!!

Leann said...

You can make it as simple or complex as you want it to be. And have as little or as much information on there as you want. It is a great tool. I've connected with some people I haven't seen in over 10 years.

Candice said...

C'mon girl. You sound like you're 80. Just like everyone else has said, you can do as little or as much as you want.

Take the plunge.

angie c said...

oh my goodness.

join.

Jill said...

tim and i joined recently and are hooked!

Candice said...

Have you signed up yet?

Mindy B said...

I'm right there with you, Jaime! I don't care if I sound like I'm 80 either!!! I have an account, but rarely get on it. My theory, having delt with teenagers for so long, is that it is a superficial way to stay connected. You can't really have a great conversation, or truly catch up with a long lost friend when everyone on the internet can view what you're saying and when you're online at that exact moment. I have mine blocked from stangers b/c you just never know. However, I do have the blog that is public... hhmmm. That might be changing! I I find all the extra things really annoying like when someone "pokes" you or the mafia stuff. HATE the mafia stuff. HATE when it tells me that someone has updated their picture or whatever else. HATE that it tells me when Chris has added a friend or so and so are now friends. And there have been several times that my sister and Chris have been asked to be friends with people they don't even know. How does that happen? But the most recent thing I don't know if I approve of is the fact that Chris' ex-girlfriend contacted him to be "friends". I'm not to sure about any of it. It's also funny to my sister that I only have 20 or so friends and she and Chris have like a million. She says it makes me look like a looser!!!! I don't care!! the whole thing is weird to me. So, if that makes me 80 years old then so be it! hhmmm.... I am really fired up about this! I think I'll blog about it!! ha ha ha!
love ya!

Murray Sanderson said...

Honey, C'mon! Then we can say "Jaime and Murray are now married" a few days later and freak everyone out.
I love you!