Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Game....

Here are pics and a quick recap of our first Monday Night Football experience.... We joined our Titans friends and headed downtown to tailgate before the game. From L to R: Melissa, John, Murray, Jaime, Cathy & Jeremy (new friends!).
The Lowrys switched seats with us for the first half of the game. They had AWESOME seats in the endzone, 12 or so rows up from the field!!!

And then we headed up to "our seats" for the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Quite a different view, but still lots of fun! We headed back down to our "Lowry" seats during the fourth quarter, just as the game started heading south for the Colts.
It was a great night...very cold, but lots of fun! Thanks again, Lowrys and Beledsoes for the tickets!!!!
P.S. Titans fans are much nicer when their team is behind. When they ran off with the game, they got to be a bit cruel!!!
I have to give a shout out to our cousins, Eileen, Eric, Stuart and Julie (& Uncle Terry and Aunt Peggy)! They are Titans season ticket holders and are BIG TIME fans! You seriously don't want to cross Eileen during a game, and Eric (we've heard) wouldn't speak to us while we were wearing Colts gear. Good thing we weren't sitting near them on this night!!
I'm sad to report that Murray has supposedly jumped ship! He's pledging his new found devotion to the undefeated Titans! Already....I can't believe it! He's a Tennessee native so I guess those roots were just too strong to break. I am holding my own and still rooting for the Colts, but I do like the Titans and am cheering them on (until their last regular season game against the Colts!)

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Well . . . I guess that answers Ben's question. He's been asking me if you guys would be donning Titans gear for your Christmas card picture this year. :)

But . . . ummm . . I don't think Murray can claim Tennessee roots caused his Titan-turn. When he last lived in Tennessee, the Titans were still in Houston! :oP

jaime s said...

Katherine...That's what I keep saying...I think their 9-0 record has more to do with it than his "roots" but I'll let him speak to that...

Can't wait for you guys to visit NEXT Thursday!! Crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

We are happy to hear Murray is coming to his senses! Those pics are really great--the game was SO COLD. By half-time I couldn't feel my feet!!

Eileen

Leann said...

Fight the good fight, Jaime! I'm still standing with you for the Colts!

Incidentally, if that Christmas card does show up with Titans garb in the pictures, it will not get displayed in my house like last years proudly is. :)