Tuesday, April 04, 2006

National Cherry Blossom Festival






We had a fabulous day today! Windy, cool, but very sunny...the trees took quite a hit on Monday evening with the hail/high winds. This is our 3rd year in a row to go to the Festival, and this is the least amount of blooms we've seen. Fortunately, the ones that were blown off last night were all on the ground, so it was sort of a nice effect in a snowy sort of way. :)

I just have to say I love being with my wife & daugther. Suddenly, everything else in life pales in comparison to the love we have in our new little family, and the joy we have in spending time together.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful! Your family, the blossoms...Isn't God good?

Blessings,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pixs of the Cherry Blossoms. I missed them because I have moved to Houston. I still enjoy your blogs! They are a blessing from one of God's own. Love the pixs of Baby Faith, too.

Anonymous said...

hahaha look at all that PINK!!! You are the PINK FAMILY!!! or you're IN THE PINK. Pinkie Poo. Maybe start a cherry blossom album of Faith through the years. Poof, she'll be in college, and all those snowy pink blossoms will make you cry. like i'm doing now to remember how sweet it was. where's my kleenex. i can never read or write a blog without kleenex. thanks for the wonderful pictures. i'm breathing in the glory of the pink.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!
I was there 2 days before you on a beautiful calm Saturday morning at 6:30 am! The parking lot right by the TJ Memorial was packed already so I snuck over to Maine Avenue which is just about a block or two away and walked over to the tidal basin with my dog. I took some pictures with a disposable camera so I'll try and post them here when I get them developed.
Monica

angie c said...

Jaime she's gotten so big!! What a cutie. I can't believe how they change so fast. Makes me sad. I'm sorry Faith won't get to meet Nora this summer like we thought...maybe soon, though. Love you!