Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Cool new book on Fatherhood / Faith's 3 mo pic


To all of my "new father" friends, I highly recommend Stephen James & David Thomas' new book, Becoming a Dad: A Spiritual, Emotional and Practical Guide.

Here's a great quote:

"Fatherhood calls us to acknowledge our heart and embrace the truth that lives within us all. Becoming a joy-filled father is about embracing the hope that relationships really can be good, full and rich. It is about entering into and leading our children toward an abundant life replete with pain and mystery. The priorities of joy-filled fathering must never be about doing more, learning more, acquiring more skills. Rather, our focus as godly men must remain about discovering a life of authenticity and abundance based in the person of Christ. It is about stepping into the mystery of being and living truthfully out of how we are uniquely and wonderfully made."

As Faith develops her little personality & begins to be more & more interactive, it's getting harder to leave her in the mornings! Say a prayer for Jaime, and all of us, as she prepares to head back to work part-time next week...Lord willing, she'll get to stay home for good once the school year is out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I certainly empathize with Jaime in how she feels about leaving Faith and going back to work, even if it's only part-time. I went through all those same mixed emotions TWICE when I went back to work 3-4 months after both of my children were born. I had to work the whole time they were growing up, and that has been one of my biggest regrets, that I couldn't "be there" for them more. Sometimes I wonder if this had any bearing on both not being enthusiastic about church today. I pray, too, along with Mrs. B. that Jaime can stay home with Faith after this school year is over.

Melanie