Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Thanks, Mrs. LeaAnn

I am now living my dream!! I am a stay at home mommy!! I've longed for this job since I was a little girl playing house with my sisters and dressing up our cats in baby clothes, taking them for rides in our baby stroller, etc. This past March I had to do one of the hardest things ever. I had to go back to work after giving birth to the sweetest baby girl. I dreaded the day before Faith was even born. I knew it would be hard and it was. The only comfort I found was knowing it was temporary (3 months) and that our daughter would be staying in the very loving arms of our dear friend, LeaAnn. We had the "ideal" situation for any working mom. I worked half a day Monday and LeaAnn kept Faith in the morning. Murray kept Faith all day Tuesday. LeaAnn kept Faith all day Thursday. Her daughter Joanna was there in the morning until time for Kindergarten. Her niece, Shannon was there in the afternoon after her preschool let out. The three of them loved on Faith the entire time they were with her. It was so fun to see her watch the "big girls" as they tried to get her to smile! LeaAnn was the biggest blessing to us during those three months. She loves babies and is EXTREMELY gifted with them. Faith enjoyed her time with Mrs. LeaAnn. We enjoyed knowing that she was in the care of someone who loved her almost as much as we do! Thank you, LeaAnn!! You made that last stretch of work bearable!! Now we can do playdates together!! You are a blessing to us still!!

Here I am with Mrs. LeaAnn. She's the best babysitter!!
The girls! L to R: Joanna, me, Shannon. I loved playing with them!!
Joanna is so sweet and does such a good job holding me!

Shannon gives me really great hugs.

9 comments:

jaime s said...

I just wish my baby had a pretty smile. HA! Faith, you are the most precious gift from God to me & your mommy.
And, thanks goes to LeaAnn for her wonderful caregiving.
Honey, I'm glad you are now at home all the time with our little . It was so cute seeing her explode with smiles last night when you came back from your shopping errands. Thanks for going back to work those 3 months to help with family finances! Love all around, MS

Anonymous said...

Aww, you all are great. I was honored to take care of Faith. She is an amazing blessing that you share with me. I also loved being able to say that "I have Faith on Monday and Thursday" every week and sometimes on different days too. It was a great double meaning! I look forward to watching her grow and having playdates just for fun ;)

love, Lea Ann

angie c said...

Oh Jaime, that's AWESOME!! I'm so glad you get to stay home because I KNOW how difficult going back to work is. I type this on my last day off with Nora. I start back tomorrow part time. At least it's only four hours a day...could be worse. Love you!
ang

Anonymous said...

Jaime, I know how happy you are to be able to stay home full time with Faith. I always regretted that I wasn't able to stay home with my kids. Going back to work 3 months after each was born was one of the hardest things in my life! Murray, you are such a sweetheart for being so supportive of Jaime in her desire to be a full-time mommy. God's blessings on all three of you!

Love,
Melanie

Candice said...

So excited for you, Jaime! That is such a blessing.

Let's plan some play dates:).

Anonymous said...

We managed for me to be a "stay-at-home", also, after Valerie was born - and I never had to work full-time again until Tim was a Junior in High school! However, we still needed money - and there are SO many things a "stay-at-home" can do! My favorite was opening my own in-home day care - for kindergardeners, I did that for 5 years- they were only with me before school, home by noon - lunch & nap - then play until their parents picked them up...The money was good, and I still got my "alone time" with my own in the mornings! I also sold Tupperware in the evenings when Steve was home...there are SO many options for home-based businesses that you can do if you have to! (I also made it my "job" to clip coupons, be a frugal housewife, plan inexpensive but nourishing food,. bake from scratch, make my own clothes, or gifts at Christmas, etc - be a "complete" homemaker!) It was actually the BEST time of my life! I'd do it again in a second if I had to start my family all over!

Enjoy every minute - you've got the CUTEST little girl!!!!

Jerri said...

Hey, you guys! It was such a treat to see your sweet smiling faces among all of those grimaces at "joint camp"! Thanks you SO much for the visit and the flowers!
It meant everything to me!
Jaime, I'm so happy you get to be home with Faith! My best and most important dream was to be a wife and mother, too, and I don't regret one moment of all of the years I spent at home with my boys!
Don traveled a lot, and people asked me if I got jealous of him going all over the world while I was home with the boys. I always said that I got the best part of that deal. Both of us still think that. It was hard when we all got sick and Don was away....or I had to take four BOYS to the commissary! But we have so many fun memories of things we did together....making Christmas ornaments, cookies....going to Dad's concerts...going to kids' concerts....caroling for the neighbors....taking "park" walks, picnics, going to museums....the zoo...the Children's Farm. It was such fun for all of us. Even the hard times are shadowed by the memories of the good times. I love it that you are going to get to have all of that fun with Faith. And I agree....you had the best set of baby sitters. LeaAnn, Joanna and Shannon were excellent fillins for Mommy! See you all soon! Jerri

Kelly Vaughn said...

That Faith is a cutie!! What a blessing for you both!
-RV

Candice said...

Where are you Faithy???