Monday, January 29, 2007

Auto Show

Welcome to the 2007 D.C. Auto Show recap!! As you can see, Faith was just as excited as her Daddy when we reached the front entrance. The show was an almost exact replica of last year's which was a little disappointing but we still really enjoyed the afternoon. Murray's favorite part was seeing all the cars valued over $200,000. Mine was finding a funnel cake at the Swiss Steak food stand.Here we are ready to begin our afternoon of car "shopping". I wish I knew how many cars were there...it was a crazy amount. Two levels of the Convention Center were filled....the Convention Center is HUGE!!

Aerial view of the lower level
Another view of the lower level (this was by far the greatest level).

Murray practicing his "Wheel of Fortune" wave.
This is one of Ford's Concept vehicles (meaning they aren't actually in production for those of you non-car people). I think it should be called "The Jetsons make over Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine"This was our favorite new model from the "practical" types...meaning, we could actually buy this and drive it around and no one would think we just won the lottery. It's a GMC Arcadia. It can seat 7 or 8 and has great trunk space.

This was my favorite new model. It's a Jeep Gladiator. (I'm pretty sure that's what it's called). It just looked neat to see a Pick-up with all the cool Jeep features.
Murray's faves were the Rolls Royces.

Another Rolls...these babies sell for $350,000 which is why they were all roped off so we couldn't sit in any of them. We did, however, see one in the parking lot at our local grocery store and Murray was so close to asking the driver if he could drive it around for 30 minutes (with the driver present, of course.). I was able to bring him back to reality and suggested that just looking at it would be a better idea.

Faith had a GREAT time at the show. I'll post some pics of her take on the auto show soon. I hope I got all the facts and names straight (not that I included many), but check the comments b/c I know Murray will post any corrections that need to be made.

Happy Birthday again, Murray! I've had fun celebrating with you all week! Coca-Cola cake tonight!! (I'll have to post that recipe too....it's SO YUMMY!!)

4 comments:

jaime s said...

You did a great job, baby, at summing up the show. However, it was not an "exact replica"; but you're right, there weren't as many new models for 07 as there were for 06. The Rolls are $325,000 for the top Phantom of 07 (the black one); the white one pictured here is a '05. I enjoyed the new VW convertible as well...and don't forget the Siennas. I could go back now and spend another day there. Thanks for a great day with you & Faith. Hugs & kisses, MS

Laura Scott said...

I can't imagine driving that Ford Jetson's Mystery Machine, or seeing other people on the road with it. Murray, it looks like you had a great time. Those are some nice looking cars. I never realized how expesive rolls are!! I always wondered why people made a big deal about seeing one...now I know. Such a cute family.

Candice said...

Well, I'm not a big car person, but that does look like fun. Glad you've had a fun birthday, Murray. Your wife has a gift for making others feel special and gifting in thoughtful ways. I can't see Peeps without thinking of her. She rocks!

Anonymous said...

Hey Murray, didn't know you enjoyed cars so much. The DC Car show is one of my favorite traditions, something that I missed for the first time in probably something like 10 or so years. Anyways, you need to bring your family to Germany, lots of cool cars here! I've seen pretty much everything one sees in the U.S. including Hummers! I was at a nice hotel the other day and saw that Rolls you were admiring so much too! Lots of ferraris, lamborghinis, Aston Martings, Jaguars, and of course Audi, Mercedes, and our favorite Bavarian Motor Works (BMW). And the best thing....no speed limits on the Autobahn! Tschuss aus Deutschland und Fahrvergnuegen!