Thursday, January 11, 2007

Our Growing Lincoln?

Hey everyone, Murray here.

So the news it out now, we're expecting baby #2 in late June! As Chris B & I like to say, "Wha happened?" (from the latest movie in the Best In Show series...can't think of the name...)

Of course, I'm thrilled beyond words, stunned, excited, scared, ecstatic, all of the above.
I'm also quite humbled at the prospect of bringing another child into this world. But as "scary" as this world gets, God stays eternally good, all of the time, and provides us a way to live in the world but not of it.

Faithy & I accompanied Jaime to the doc this morning for her 16 week check-up. The baby's heartbeat was strong, 15o to 160 beats per minute. Doc says the baby is perfect and Jaime is just perfect, which I already knew back in July of 2001, but it's nice to hear a pro say it. We'll have a sonogram on Feb 8th, so we'll get a great glimpse of Fred or Fiona (do you like our names?). And no, those aren't for real, and no, we're not finding out until delivery day. :) Have I said how much I love my wife lately? Man, she is awesome.

Sometimes (recently) I look at Faithy and think, how can I love another little one as much as I love you? She's so beautiful and cheerful and funny and impatient and wobbly. I know, I know, my heart will keep expanding, there's enough love for everyone.

Ok, that's it, no point to this post...I'm just happy to be a daddy for the 2nd time, and wanted to say hello to all of my wife's blog fans. Faith's waking up from her nap, and I can't wait to see how far her red hair is sticking up!

7 comments:

Laura Scott said...

Ha! I've been wondering what you will do about the blog name once baby #2 comes along. Our growing Faith and....? I can't beleive yall have the patience to wait until delivery to see if it's a boy or girl!!! And I have to agree....Jaime IS AWESOME!

Jerri said...

We never really knew until our babies were born that they would be boy, oh, boy, oh, boy, oh boy! (Sonograms were not as high tech as they are now!) We loved the surprise! Congratulations to you all! You are a sweet family and will continue to be a light in this scarey old world!

Pearson Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Murray! I have a couple of questions, though --
Did Faith handle the hearing the heartbeat this time without tears? And, if if you're not using Fred or Fiona, what are your name picks for now? (if, in fact that isn't going to be a surprise too!) :)

Hey -- it's never too early to start a baby poll . . .

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for the whole Sanderson family about the new member to come. The baby does not know what kind of family it is coming into. I love you all miss. sarah

Holly O'Quinn said...

That's awesome news!!!!! Can't wait to hear more of the adventures with baby Sanderson #2. I'm really excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

My old OB would say that sounds like a girl heart beat (or a really hyper boy). Maybe its time for a little Hope or Charity? ;-p

LB