Friday, October 10, 2008

Faith's 1st Haircut..

OK--call me naive, but I envisioned Faith's first haircut to be this totally sweet, memorable event that we all would cherish very fondly!! Well, it certainly was memorable!! Things didn't quite go like I thought they would.

Waiting for her turn with her magazine in her lap...
After MUCH coaxing, she gets her hair washed. Meanwhile, she's got a death grip on my finger and shirt!
After much more coaxing, she sits on my lap while Miss Lindsey cuts her hair. (She refused the super cool "big girl" booster seat so my lap was plan B)...
Not too happy about this!!!
Getting a french braid made things a little better...
Sparkles and a french braid....
The tootsie roll pop may things even better!!

That wasn't so bad after all!! Now every time we pass by the hair salon, she exclaims with MUCH excitement...."That's where I got my haircut!!"

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Yeah, Kylie's first haircut went about like that on Sunday, except the death grip and tense face Faith had while getting her hair washed was Kylie the WHOLE TIME! She actually sat up during getting her hair washed and completely drenched the back of her shirt and pants...maybe next time will be better...in anothe year or two! I'm glad Faith warmed up at the end and cute pictures!

I only have camera phone pictures because I left my camera in the car!

Katherine said...

Love that smile at the end! Nelson looks like that when we go into the barber -- but the smile doesn't last once it's time to get in the chair. The past few times he has pitched a fit -- quite embarrassing!!

Mindy B said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE the picture of her giving you the evil look while she's sitting on your lap! That is classic! You should submit that to a photo contest!
How is Nashville? Will y'all be in Memphis for Thanksgiving? We will be there, so let's meet up if your there. or we can meet half way between Mem and Nash? Just a thought.
Love to all!