Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The search is on....

For the 2 of you still checking in on us... we have arrived in Nashville! We took a little family vacation to Chattanooga for 3 nights (Faith calls it Chatanoowa). We visited the TN Aquarium, Children's Discovery Museum, Chattanooga Zoo (which was a lot like the Abilene zoo...small but sweet) and took in an 3-D IMAX movie about whales and dolphins. It was the perfect family vacation for us.... 2 hour drive, lots of family friendly activities and GREAT restaurants (Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria & Cheeburger, Cheeburger were our faves.)

Once we got back to Nashville, we cranked up the house hunting search. It feels like we've looked at 100s of houses...I am definitely ready to find our perfect home!!! Needless to say, moving is not going to be on our radar for a very long time (We'd be happy to find a forever home.) Therefore, we are being quite picky...but now is the time to be picky, right???? I think we are close to finding it. We've got most things (location, size, price, # bedrooms, etc.) nailed down. I feel good about our options. It's just making that final decision that is a little scary! We're looking at 2 new ones today and have 2 finalists to consider too. We'll keep you posted!!

Please pray for our decision/search and leave a comment! It's lonely down here (we aren't able to socialize much since we are in house hunting mode!)

Thanks!!

13 comments:

Katherine said...

Can't wait to see your new home! Every time Nelson hears the word, "Nashville", he announces, "Faith lives in Nashville now!"
Hopefully, we'll be down that way next month -- can't wait to see you guys!! (and maybe we'll get there in time to help unpack boxes!) :)

Katherine said...

Meant to say, too, Mellow Mushroom is one of our favorite pizza places down there! Mmmm . . . that makes me even more ready to visit (that, and McAlister's and Sonic, and Steak 'n Shake . . . ).
We just ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger for the first time last week (there's one in Rockville). Nelson was so excited because we got a milkshake with Faith Faith crackers in it!! (we had a s'more shake!) yum!

candice said...

I'm glad you had a good time on your family vacation. Hang in there, it will all fall into place.

Cristi said...

We had a wonderful vacation to Chattanooga a few years ago. dI loved the Aquarium there. Maybe it should go back on our possible vacation-spots list.

Katherine -- Should I tell you that we ate at McAlister's twice last weekend? :)

jaime s said...

Katherine--for helping unpack boxes, we'd be MORE than happy to provide some McAllister's, Sonic, and Steak and Shake for you!! Did Nelson like his food coming in a car (at Cheeburger, Cheeburger)? That was F's favorite part!

Cristi--I guess we shouldn't mention that we ate at McAllister's last night for dinner.

Candice--how's your move coming along? It's nice to have some "company" in all this madness! Let me know when I can come help!

Anonymous said...

Jaime--Welcome! We are so happy you are here and can't wait to see you. We know you have been running around. Good luck with the house search. I know you will find something great!
Eileen

kristen g. said...

Hey Jaime! I wish you the best luck on finding a house! We are still getting settled in ours. Kinda lonely here too, just the getting to know people stage is always a little weird. Ya'll are in our prayers!
-kristen g.

Jerri said...

Hey, Jaime,
I think you have more than 2 people checking up on you! I haven't blogged lately, because I've been doing other kinds of writing. I will pray about your house hunting and especially about who your neighbors will be. We have such great neighbors that it would be hard for us to move out of our neighborhood. Where will you worship? I was missing you guys and thinking of you in Indianapolis, now I'll be missing you and thinking of Nashville. You'll live closer to Grace and Roland now...they moved to Crossville, Tenn.

Ramona said...

Hi :)! I'm checking on you :). I'm so happy for you guys and miss you so much. We actually do travel to Nashville once in a blue moon and would love to visit you there! Best wishes on your house hunting that sounds like fun! Love, Ramona

Amanda said...

Hi There! I am really excited for you guys to be in Nashville:) I know you'll love it. We would love to come visit sometime. I hope you find your forever house and really love it. I can't believe how big Faith and Eli are looking these days. We miss you!

Monica said...

Your forever home???? Really?? I think your forever home should be in Texas. : ) TN is close I guess? I still can't believe you guys are moving. Good luck with the house. I am getting the move itch a LITTLE, but I don't want to pack and move. You guys are probably getting really good at it. What to come move me? : )

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Nashville!!! It is wonderful to know you are here. I know house hunting can be a pain but at least you don't have to find jobs and look for a new church. I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Julie said...

Welcome to Nashville, Sandersons!! Good luck with the house hunt. I find comfort knowing you're searching with the best realtor in the area! Stuart and I so hope to see you both soon.

Julie