Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Biggest Loser Club....join today!

Well, most of you know that I am a HUGE fan of NBC's show The Biggest Loser. It is such an inspirational show and I just love to see people making a real change in their lives for the better.
(Is it just me, or does anyone else often snack mightily during this show? Now that's embarassing!)

About a year ago, I confessed my own weight loss struggle/goals on this blog. I am even more embarrassed that I fell off the "wagon" and now weigh even more than I did then. So, with the inspiration of my fave TV show as well as friends like Jerri, my sisters Kim & Shellie (and others). I decided it was time to weave some interests together in order to really make a change in my life and help others do the same.

I set a goal for myself. It's called 33 by 33. Simply explained...I want to lose 33 lbs. before I turn 33 (on June 20th). I will be posting about my progress (hopefully weekly) and share tips, struggles, etc. along the way.

I also am starting my first weight loss competition. I kept thinking how I would LOVE to be on Biggest Loser but knew I'd never have the chance (and couldn't leave my family for that long) so why not create a Biggest Loser competition among my friends who are in the same boat as me? So I am going for it! Here are the details...

Starting January 6th (first day of The Biggest Loser's new season) the competition will begin.
I have set up this email address iamthebiggestloser@yahoo.com for anyone interested in participating. Just send me an email by 10pm/9pm central on January 6th to join.

Each club member pays $25 to join. (This money in it's entirety goes toward the pay out for the winners).

The weigh-ins will be held monthly. Let's face it, no one has time to workout for 4 hrs. a day so our weekly weigh ins won't be as significant as those on the show. (FYI--I am the only person who will see "your number" and will keep it confidential. Only percentages of weight loss will be sent out to all the participants. I will not post the results on the blog, only via email to those in the Biggest Loser Club.)

Points will be awarded after each weigh-in.
75 pts. for the Biggest Loser of the month,
60 pts. for 2nd place,
45 pts. for 3rd place,
30 pts. for 4th place,
20 pts. for everyone else.

Weekly points will be added for each workout you complete. 1 point for every minute you workout with a 20 minute minimum. (You can only count consecutive minutes and must workout at least 20 minutes to get credit.).

A bonus of 8 points for every day you drink 8 or more glasses of water. (no more than 8 pts. per day can be earned so don't pull a Neil and try to drink 2 gallons in a day).

Summary: Each week you will email me your total number of workout minutes, and # of days you drank 8 glasses of water. Our weeks will run Wednesday to Tuesday so we can follow the BL schedule. On the weigh-in weeks, you will also turn in your weight (but those occur just once a month. I will send out a weigh-in reminder.)

The final weigh-in will occur on the finale of the Biggest Loser Season 7 (currently scheduled for May 12th, 2009). The winner will be the person who has earned the highest total of points and will receive 70% of the total pay out, 2nd place will receive 30%. EVERYONE will receive motivation and a reason to finally start reaching their weight loss goals. As a bonus, we'll be used to this new lifestyle of eating healthy, getting fit and replenishing our bodies with water so that we all will be guaranteed to have great results by the season finale this spring!

If weight loss is one of your goals, I hope you will commit to joining us! I've already got 4 BL club members signed-up! The more that join, the higher the pay out will be!

To answer Biggest Loser's theme song question, "What have you done today to make you feel proud?" You can say.... I joined Jaime's Biggest Loser Club!!!

3 comments:

Murray Sanderson said...

I'm with you honey! Let's do it! 2009 is our year to get in shape.

Amy Anderson Westerman said...

I would love to work out with you sometime at the Y. I can give you a few suggestions that have helped me lose weight after Caroline... and-- you really need to become a kick-boxing addict! Come try it with me one morning--- Tuesday/Thursday at 8:30. :)

Amanda said...

I love this, Jaime! I think it's so fun that you've put this much thought into it! It makes it so much more fun to make it a game:) I'm thinking I shouldn't join the club since I'll likely be gaining 33 pounds by June:) (Yes!) If you have another biggest loser club sometime after July, though, I'm all for it!