Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Adoption!

Sorry I haven't been able to post about our Dallas trip today. I found out this morning that our church will be "adopting" 1, possibly 2 families who are relocating from the gulf coast after Katrina. Everyone is buzzing around here! We are hustling around, getting our house (formerly known as "the youth house", now known as the "storage house") in order. They move in Monday, and there a few things, to put it mildly, which need to be done. Thank you Mike, Angelia, Denise & Allen for helping make this happen. It's one thing to give generously & send a check...our church certainly did that to the tune of $90k. However, it's another to have a family move in to the church property. More details to come about how you can help (FXCC members). Our former church in Dallas has taken in over 20 people in the apartments they own next door to their building. Awesome! God is good, and He always provides.

Random wardrobe issue: a friend just told me about Steve Maddens...hey guys, anyone wear these? curious.

Random worship issue: got the new Hillsongs worship CD "God He Reigns"...sounds great so far! In the aftermath of Katrina, Rita, Iraq, 9/11, Auschwitz...our God, He does reign!

And frequent readers Jenni & Donna, what is your blog link?

Heading out for a tour of Reston Hospital Labor & Delivery floor tonight...should be fun! Only 11.5 more weeks! By the book, Baby Sanderson can open his/her eyes now...is that cool or what. And the Baby Einstein CDs are fun for grown-ups too, let me tell you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve Maddens rock!

Every guy in Urban America has at least one pair.

Jenni said...

jennitrietsch.blogspot.com

love keeping up with you guys this way! isn't technology grand?!? :-)

(btw - if you click my name in any comment, it will take you to my blogger profile, which also lists my blog link at the end)

Anonymous said...

Hey dude,
you always make me laugh. Sure do enjoy getting to hear your thoughts through out the week.
Jess

Kelli said...

hey murray! to respond to the comment you made on my blog... i posted a blog about our hospital visits (we had ours last week) and we would prefer to deliver at fair oaks. and brent made one particularly "funny" comment in response to my hospital visit post. i should make him write a real post once though... that would definitely be interesting. i love to hear your baby updates too!! it's great to go through all of this together.

Anonymous said...

Not sure I'm in total agreement with the Baby Einstein cds...I am powering thru for the sake of our baby and my husband's requests (and insane delight in playing music that he's sure will turn our child into the next genius) but after several consecutive hours of it, I'm ready to call it quits (to put it very mildly)...

Never heard of or seen Steve Maddens. I'll be on the lookout now.

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Murray,

Randy told me about your blog and how you mentioned #6 from yesterday wanting to give a report on Monica and Aric's wedding. As "Pastor Donny", I put my perspective in my own blog

http://smoothjohnny.blogspot.com/

In terms of Maddens, the only thing I'm wearing these days would fit JOHN Madden. Sorry - don't know about Steve.

-donny-

Donna said...

Hi Murray,

My blog is a "technicality" to let me post on other blogs. I haven't had time or the presence of mind to write much! However, it's
dkwright.blogspot.com
Maybe soon I'll have time to write my own. Boys keep me busy!
I love hearing about the goings on for you guys. Cannot wait to hear more about the baby....btw, Austin loves the Baby Einstein dvd's. Peyton is getting to use them, now.
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Baby Einstein is AWESOME - Ian was immersed in it pre and post-natal - and he can "hum" along with Beethovan and Bach like you wouldn't believe! Oh - and he was born literally with a Christain CD playing in the background - the first thing he ever heard was praises to God! :) It is a proven fact that early and deep exposure to classical music forms the brain pathways for math and critical thinking...Jamie - maybe this is your first lesson in patience - when we do maybe what we don't want to do for our kids - but we do it because we love them - as I know YOU do!!! ;) Enjoy!!!!