Wednesday, October 05, 2005

MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT (don’t worry, the baby is fine, read on…)

Went to the doctor today, found out I had the flu or some other type of infection. Doc says it should last 3 or 4 more days. So, we have decided NOT to attend the 2005 Zoe Worship Conference in Nashville! Major bummer. (I’m writing this at 7:48 pm, when I should be at church with my worship team peeps praising the Lord and working on growing our skills together for the building up of the church! Man, the flu is a drag. Thank you to Lane Lawrence for filling in tonight, and Sunday morning.)

Things we’ll miss by not going to Zoe:
• Networking with other worship ministers around the country
• Catching up with old friends
• Worshipping God in a powerful way with 1,200 people
• Learning, growing, maturing in my role as worship leader
• Seeing our ‘ole buds from Preston Road (and Jaime’s college buddy Candace)
• The beautiful fall foliage of Nashville, TN (ok, so maybe their color hasn’t come in yet…and hopefully they’ve had more rain than we have, or it won’t be very colorful)
• Going back to the church where we got hitched in a midnight ceremony on Valentines Day 2004
• An annual ritual…I think I’ve gone to this conference for 6 out of the 8 past Octobers…

I could go on, but I’m too depressed. Also, it’s time to take more Tylenol to combat this fever / aches, etc.

Suffice it to say, we will miss terribly having this amazing experience…it was to be our last trip together before the baby comes.

We’ll enjoy the time at home, being together…maybe we’ll even register for baby stuff this weekend. I know I will get to feeling better more quickly by resting and taking it easy as opposed to getting on a plane at 8 am in the morning and non-stop fellowship/worship/funfest all weekend. I just had to mourn a bit. I’m better now.

Say, isn’t Martha Stewart’s new apprentice show on Wednesday nights? NOT.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Man, I am soooo bummed to not get to see you guys this weekend!!! But, I do know that you will feel better faster (and more completely) by staying at home and resting. I will miss you guys!!! Get well soon, Murray!

Unknown said...

Murray and Jaime we are bummed! We were so looking forward to hanging out this weekened in Nashville, but we'll be sure to tell you all about it......get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Make sure you stay away from Jammie, don't get her sick. Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands. Antibacterial!! We missed you last night!! Hope you feel better soon.

Sam said...

Sorry to hear that. I know you were really looking forward to going. Let me know if there is anything Emille or I can do to help you out.

Take Care, get better

Anonymous said...

Murray,
I was bummed not to see you Wednesday night and I know you're disappointed about ZOE. I do hope you're feeling better soon! Know that you're in my prayers.