Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Second Milers

I'm so thankful the Fairfax church is made up of people who go the 2nd mile regularly. Just to name a few...

Thanks to Ed Cox, who regularly makes sure trees on our property are cut down, chopped down, pushed down, or pulled down at the proper time. Yesterday, I helped Ed with two old dead pines, and at one point, I was worried that my baby might not have a daddy. It's not always safe to go the 2nd mile.

Thanks to Grace Sundling, who makes sure our grass looks good, and who regularly weeds our gigantic juniper beds at the Burning Bush entrance to our property. Grace took soil samples earlier in the summer and had them analyzed so she would know best how to treat the grass for weeds. Some of you leave soil when you come in our building, Grace takes soil away. Thanks Grace!

Thanks to John Cleveland & Dave Golden, who have spent hours with our staff in the past several weeks, applying tried & true business principles to help us think strategically about the Kingdom. Today's 2 hour session was very helpful. Once we find our target, we shoot it, right? I better look at my notes again, or our visitors may be in danger.

Keep going the 2nd mile, FXCC folks. No pain no gain. (except when you have the flu, and then you just have pain for no reason at all, and nothing comes of it, except you're glad to be done with it! Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I'm firing on all cylinders again.)

Looking forward to rehearsal tonight !

1 comment:

Sam said...

We have a burning bush! that is awesome, I have never seen that.