Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Baby Watch, 1 Day & Counting! (and a story about God's Name)

First, baby news. No baby yet. Our due date is tomorrow, Dec 15th. My precious wife looks more beautiful every day, and is extremely ready to hold our sweet baby in her arms. I am as well. But these are precious days, and being pregnant is an incredible blessing. We are savoring every moment. Thanks SO MUCH for all of your prayers. Please pray that the baby will engage & that Jaime will get to have the natural birth that we have prepared for!

Thanks to all of you who weighed in on our Baby Sanderson Pool. Those of you who predicted the baby would come early have lost out, but take heart, you do receive a consolation prize... a birth announcement. :)

Separate subject...

As I've posted about before, it bothers me to hear people say "Oh, my God!" in careless conversation, or worse, in anger. I have done my fair share of slipping up, and none of us are without sin, but we can all do better with revering God's name. Just yesterday, our wonderful 'church mother/receptionist bar none' Lynn greeted the UPS man with a friendly greeting & pointed him to the MANY HEAVY boxes we were sending via UPS to kids in the Dominican Republic. He promptly and loudly exclaimed, "Oh, my God!" Without shaming or condemning him, she quickly and firmly said to him, "Let's not take the Lord's name in vain." She said this in her own way, with a smile and a wink, and then began to help him get organized with all of our boxes. So there's was nothing "church-lady-esque" about it. I overheard this from my office, and I was so happy! Someone standing up for the Lord and for His Name! How AWESOME. That UPS man may not change his language everywhere, but when he's here in our midst, hopefully he'll remember that this is a place where God's name is treated with the utmost respect & honor.

Tune in tomorrow when I share the most adorable story about a little girl from our church protecting God's name. She's 18-months old, and her version of "Here I Am to Worship" is altogether reverent in her own special way! (who knows, tomorrow's post could hold pics of a new baby! only God knows!)

4 comments:

Val said...

Don't forget about Tim and Jill and how they've changed using that phrase. They now say, "Oh My Murray!!"

Shayna Willis said...

My students often exclaim the name of our Lord in class. I tell them that Jesus is the right person to ask when they need help, but they shouldn't yell his name when they're mad. One student said, "Jesus knows Algebra?" I said, "Jesus knows everything."

Anonymous said...

Just tell yourself "We will have a baby by the end of this year!" That way, you take the pressure off yourself to produce a baby and you let yourself know, "I just may still be pregnant at Christmas" and then say a pray, "but please God, send the baby soon!"

Ellyn said...

Murray, Murray, Murray---if you are going to write about my most brilliant neice then get her age right!!! She's 2 and 1/2 but she started protecting the Lord's name at the age of 18 months!

You will get the hang of the age thing when Lincoln comes!