Sunday, December 18, 2005

Due Date Has Come & Gone

No baby yet. No downward movement, no engaging, no contractions. Only a scribbled ransom note: "I'm not budging until you guys promise to NOT feed me baby peas or squash or anything else that has absolutely no recognizable color with the consistency of something else I'll be very good at..." (We haven't yet taught him or her about NOT ending a sentence with a preposition.)

Jaime is doing much better today, almost back to normal after yesterday's fever scare. She started feeling a little ill right after KING KONG on Friday afternoon (that movie is EXACTLY why I go to see movies, I loved it. By the way, I love it when people say, the part about the giant pink worms was so not real...like ANY of it was real!) Dinner at Baja Fresh seemed to perk her up. But later Fri pm, she really wasn't on top of her game. Saturday morning, she & her mother headed off for Joann's Fabrics - they were having a sale. (If I ever get hit by a bus, and Jaime is feeling a little down, just tell her there's a fabric sale...it brings her out every time.) After they got back home about noon, Jaime started aching all over, with chills & nausea. Ok, I'm no ob/gyn, but this is not good. REALLY not good when you're 40 weeks + 3 days past due. She quickly developed a fever that escalated throughout the afternoon until about 6:00 pm. At one point, I looked over and I was beside myself. We called the doc several times who helped us get the drugs (legal) we needed. Her fever leveled off after reaching 102 and then started coming back down late Saturday night. Thanks for those of you who prayed feverishly. :)

Ok, so here's the story of precious Gillian from church. If you've read my blog, you'll see I'm on a rampage to get people to stop misusing God's name. In addition to the valley-girl "oh my God", I've even put "oh my gosh" on the hit list...for the same reason my dad & mom wouldn't let me say "crap" or "darn" when I was growing up. It's too close. So I hear about little Gillian, who loves God and who also loves to sing. She is a precious little girl. One day, she is walking around the house singing Matt Redman's "Here I am to Worship"...a modern day worship favorite. Mid-way through the chorus, she sings (and if you sing this line, it's better)...I'll start at the top of the chorus:

Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You're my Gosh!

Isn't that hysterical! I love it. She was trying to be reverent, as she knew she wasn't supposed to say "God". I just love it. I have gotten so many smiles from that story. One day, when she joins the worship team, I will have her sing that as a solo. Too cute. (Thank you Ellyn & Ramona & the entire family for raising such wonderful Godly kids, and for sharing this story with me about little Gillian.)

Keep praying for our baby to make its debut! There are several scriptures about labor/delivery/only God knowing the day of our birth...they have been very helpful. Your prayers are also carrying us through. Don't give up now! BLOG HUG.

8 comments:

erinlo said...

I am praying for your sweet wife! I'm SURE that little baby will make his debut soon. And I LOVED the story about Gillian. So sweet.

Jenni said...

Thinking of you guys and praying that baby Sanderson will get moving!!

Donna said...

We will continue to pray for all of you, especially Jaime and the baby. I know it's an anxious time!

Looking forward to hearing of baby Sanderson's arrival!

Donna

Ellyn said...

I am sure that Gillian's rendition of the song will pale in comparison to that of the great future Lincoln Sanderson! Yes I am still the proud aunt! She is a genius! Even if she calls me and leaves a message about the Cowboys losing! She ahs even called to sing happy birthday to chelsea right after she has thrown up!

Now that is a true 2nd mile servant! What can I say...it is in the genes!

Our prayers are with you and Jaime!

Pearson Family said...

I have been checking to see if there is any baby news...please keep us posted. I hope that Jami is feeling better.
Paige (and Stacey) Pearson

Kelly Vaughn said...

We're praying too...all the way from Africa!!!

Anonymous said...

We also have a cute story along the same lines as Gillian. When we were going through the whole "our family doesn't say oh my god and gosh" thing with Shelby, she was also learning the words to the song "Every move I make" also known affectionately as the "na-na" song. Middle of 1st verse: Everywhere I look I see Your face, Your love has captured me, oh my GOODNESS (sing really fast), this love, how can it be?" Followed by "because we don't say oh my god, right mom? Other people may say it, but we don't." Funny! Then we had to explain that you are kind of talking to God and that is okay...then we just let it go and enjoyed the moment. She was 3 then. Cute stuff. I'm sure you are going to have MANY of those moments. Praying for a safe arrival...and soon!

Jenni said...

Congrats, Murray & Jaime on the birth of little Faith!! I can't wait to meet her!!