Thursday, December 15, 2005

DECEMBER 15TH IS HERE!

Everyone sing with me, "Praise God from whom all blessings flow, Praise Him all creatures here below, Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts, Praise Father, Son & Holy Ghost! Amen!"

Beautiful, thanks for singing along. Today is our much anticipated due date. We feel so blessed to have gotten here safely. Our precious little bundle of joy is extremely happy, and appears very content...inside of Jaime. The doctor's words were, "I think he/she is somewhere north of your left lung now." :) Please continue to pray for us as we anxiously and prayerfully (can those two go together?) await our baby's arrival. It's snowing like crazy, and it's actually beautiful. The sleet/freezing rain is supposed to begin after the snow stops. So if the baby comes today, I'm hitching up the clydesdales & taking the covered wagon! Hey, a few bumps have been known to assist a laboring woman. Our sonogram scheduled for 3 pm probably won't happen today (they just want to make sure the baby is indeed as happy as he/she seems to be. The heartbeat is always strong.) Thanks for the prayers, and please don't let up now!

I just got back from Santa's workshop. Don't worry, I won't give the address....but it seriously was the most enchanted, special, joyful place I've been in a long time. You see, our church had a really fun talent show last Sunday night (see pics at www.fxcc.org ). For admission, we asked people to bring a book or a toy to give away. Paul B. (a regular 2nd miler) and I just got back from delivering the majority of the toys to the warehouse operated by "Our Neighbor's Child", a non-profit agency here in Chantilly. (Some toys will be given to families associated with our church through our holiday food baskets.) We drove up to the building, could see no sign of life or light inside. All the doors were dark, until we found one with a sign on it in the very back. It was a HUUUUUUGE warehouse. We peeked in the door, thinking we would see nothing but a dark empty room, and there were toys EVERYWHERE! Little elves (men, women & children) were bustling around, organizing toys into neat stacks & according to family wish lists. There was a station where 10 or so people worked on laptops hooked up to some kind of server, and they were printing out these wish lists of people who were in need. There was a long row of brand new bicycles...all of the toys were brand new, mind you. There were piles of books, and barbies, and trucks, and cars, and everything a kid could ever want. I SO WISH I had had my camera with me. For everyone who brought a toy on Sunday night, I wish you could've been there as well. It would've warmed your heart to see such a wonderful organization helping so MANY children get the toys they previously could only dream about. It's times like this when you realize that good will really prevail, that God is sovereign, that there are tons of really good hearted people out there helping others out. Totally cool.

Tune in tomorrow for little Gillian's version of "Here I Am To Worship", it's a must read.

4 comments:

angie c said...

Gosh, I feel like I'm about to go into labor with Jaime!!! I can't wait to hear when your sweet baby is born. I said a prayer this morning for her when I saw the date. I know you are both so anxious... enjoy these last moments together. I'll keep praying for a healthy delivery!! Keep us posted!
ang

Jenni said...

yes, praying and awaiting news!!

Ellyn said...

Do my niece justice! Out of the mouths of babes!!!

Our prayers are with you and Jaime! Little Lincoln is just biding his time! If it was a girl...she would of been here already!

Brooks Inc. said...

Tony and I are away celebrating our anniversary...6 years ago today you walked down the aisle at our wedding wearing your red dress looking like a million bucks...I am checking you guys blog from the hotel lobby making sure there was so baby news...Praying for you every step of the way.

I remember when Payton's due date came and went with no baby in sight, we had looked forward to that date for so long...It almost felt like...You have to be kidding, guess we will try again next year...I am so excited to see when this precious babe will make his/her arrival. Be encouraged, they will come! Cannot wait to hear the news!

Love you so !

Becky