Sunday, February 17, 2008

Anniversary with Alec

So Murray and I spent the night at an adorable Bed & Breakfast this weekend in a TINY town called New Palestine. We drove to another TINY town about 15 min. away to have dinner at "the nicest restaurant east of Indy all the way to Columbus, OH." It's located in the basement of an old Public Library in Greenfield, IN. I cannot stress how tiny this town is. I mean, no one has ever heard of it. Nothing big is around...anywhere.

We are enjoying our dinner when our waitress stops by and calmly says, "Don't freak out, but I wanted to tell you that Alec Baldwin is sitting two tables behind you". We do the casual look see and can't believe that she's right. It was such a bizarre sight. (Major fish out of water experience). He's sitting 10 feet from us having dinner with 5 college students. We asked our waitress if she knew why he was in Greenfield, IN (this town wouldn't hardly show up on most IN maps!). She wasn't sure but guessed that it was b/c he was writing a book about the mistaken identity case involving 2 college students from Taylor Univerity (which is located about an hour away from where we were). He's spoken in some churches about that event. I am not sure what his connection with that story is but I want to try and figure that out.

Anyway, we aren't big celebrity freaks (well....I'm not, Murray tends to get pretty excited about meeting someone famous...). But we both couldn't get over how odd it was to see Alec sitting so close just having dinner like he lived here. He was the first celebrity I've met that actually looked like he does on TV (the other ones looked so much smaller than they do on screen). He was pretty robust, barrell-chested and tall.

We didn't bother him. He sat with his back to everyone so it was obvious he was trying to lay low. He must be either really funny or very intimidating b/c the people at his table were laughing loudly every 5 minutes!

7 comments:

MattandSara said...

Cool! So how'd you get the pic? I kind imagine Alec Baldwin writing a book. Maybe he's writing it so he can star in the movie! Oh how fun to say that you saw him in the LEAST likely place.

jaime s said...

This pic is one I got off of google images...we didn't take pics at the restaraunt. Sorry for the confusion

Lisa said...

Is he the guy that went crazy on the phone with his daughter? What an exciting dinner for you guys!

Sarah said...

What a strange experience. Let us know if you find out more about the book. Also, I'm glad you guys left him alone. I always imagined doing the same if I ever met anyone famous.

Jerri said...

That is really weird--hey, have you noticed that Alec Baldwin and Murray kind of look alike. I have been checking out your spark page, but I haven't noticed any activity lately. I have had two really off days the past week, and I haven't exercised more than 3 times in the past week. I am going to water aerobics tonight, and so far, so good with the calories today.

Mindy B said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 4 years!! I'm happy y'all got to get out of town and celebrate.
And Alec Baldwin! That's cool! He's crazy! He should be happy to meet you two! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think he looks great. I would have been very excited to see him and would have thought of something brilliant to ask him like, "May I have your autograph?"