Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Week 3

One more pound down!! I've TOTALLY slacked this last week (and most of week 2). Our anniversary celebrations allowed for some indulgences (but not as much as I expected to give in to). So I was happy that I actually lost weight this week! Tomorrow, I am back on the treadmill first thing!!

I am happy to welcome 3 new friends to Spark People! SP, DM, & ND...I was SO HAPPY to get the email from SP informing me that I had a new friend join my page! It is so motivating when you know you aren't in this alone! I look forward to keeping up with all of you during your journey and having you keep up with me! I have a total of 7 friends on my spark page and it is so fun!! Check out www.sparkpeople.com if you want to join us. My user name is skinnyjme

The main lesson I am learning about myself with this is that I HAVE to workout FIRST thing in the morning. Otherwise, no matter how good my intentions are, it just doesn't happen. My eating habits are so much better too (when I workout in the morning)! I am more likely to watch my calories so that I don't "ruin" all my efforts on the treadmill.

Biggest Loser had a great episode this week. All the contestants went home for the week. It was a good reminder to still stick with my plan no matter what my circumstances are (anniversary, etc.... I can still have a great time, but I don't have to go nuts just b/c I am celebrating something.)

Also, I really liked my friend, ND's goals she put on her spark page....
#1) plan my meals.
#2) exercise.
#3) stick with #1&#2

That about sums up my plan and the bottom line of what actually works! It's simple but not always easy!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

I know what you mean about working out!!! :) I've been trying to swim a couple of nights a week to help with the ligament pain I've been having, and I have to confess -- no matter how GREAT I feel after I swim, I whine the whole way there every week! If it weren't for Ben kicking me out of the house most nights, I probably wouldn't go! But, I'm ALWAYS so glad that I did. (even tonight when I got so cold and the showers at the pool were luke-warm and I was freezing half of the car trip home). :) I'm warm now, though -- and my hips don't hurt! :)

I'll be praying for you to be motivated to stick with it!! :)

Jerri said...

Great job, Jaime! I did much better today...if you read my blog, I've slacked off some too. I did aqua conditioning tonight which is very highly aerobic.
The main change I made was that when I started to think about not pushing myself today again, I sat down and had my time with God. He gave me back my strength and determination. I am also really getting a lot out of sparkpeople. I am going to do some of the challenges, and my points are getting up there. Good job losing this week!

MattandSara said...

I wanted to tell you that I really am so proud of you for doing this. It takes courage and strength to change habits. You are inspiring a lot of goodness.

Monica said...

Keep up the good work Jaime. I know it is so HARD!!! I have been on a mission too and it is hard. One pound at a time is what I keep thinking. I checked out spark people. Looks interesting. I just haven't taken the time to go back and look at it again. Sure love you friend. Saw your comment on Beckys blog. We love Miss Maggie!! She is a fun addition to our family and at a perfect age.