Monday, February 11, 2008

Week 2

Well, it's been 2 weeks since my "new day" began. Sadly, I have no weight loss to report this week. Gladly, I have no weight gain to report either! I totally slacked with my workouts last week. I only completed 1! I wasn't as disciplined with my eating either. I DID log my calories and workout every day last week which is one of my goals on Sparkpeople! I told Murray that I can't imagine how many calories I used to consume each day if I am STRUGGLING to get by with my allotted 1200-1550 each day. I usually end the day around 2000 (that was last week's average).

My goal this week is to get back to my workouts, especially the strength training ones! I've already gotten one in today!!! I am also going to do better at staying within my range of calories! Late night snacking is getting the best of me! I am going to go to bed earlier (as long as Eli cooperates). I've been staying up TOO LATE (I'm such a night owl)) and that's when the late night snack binges come into play!

I'm happy to report that I've had 2 new friends join sparkpeople with me. It's been fun to chat with them, give them spark goodies, and share the struggles and victories with them! I'm not sure if they want me to mention their names so I won't but I'll still give them a shout out by using their initials!! Way to go CS, KG! Another shout out to my 2 friends that joined me during week 1....KF, JH--keep up the good work! EL--I still can't find you on sparkpeople!

My username is skinnyjme if you want to join sparkpeople look me up! We'd love more friends!!! ( www.sparkpeople.com )

I'll be back next week with another update! Thanks for all the encouraging emails and comments. They really do help a lot!

3 comments:

Jerri said...

Hey, Jaime,
If you are still breastfeeding Eli you need to add 500 calories to you calorie needs. They do that at Weight Watchers, which makes the rest of the members jealous! :) Don't get discouraged. It takes a while to change habits, and it's hard to change everything all at once, especially when you have two small children depending on you day and night. I only have Conner 8-5, so I have a lot more time to myself. Jaime, I have 3 Sparkpeople identities, and I don't remember my most recent ones. I logged on to the three I know of, and you weren't on any of my homepages. I haven't done very well at figuring out how to use Sparkpeople. I have been doing Fitday for so long, that I'm used to it. I am interested in the Sparkpeople diet to see if I lose any faster. I only lost 1 lb. this past week, and I worked out a LOT! I had two days of eating around 2000 calories, but I still should have lost. Whatever you do, lose your weight now. It's harder in your 50's. Keep up the good work!

Mindy B said...

You go, Jaime! I'm proud of you! I know how hard it is to lose weight. I was not successful this past fall when my sister and I started together. She went on to loose 25 pounds and still counting. As you know, I will be gaining baby weight again, so i'm not counting calories again for a while! But after this baby i will be joining you and my sister in the weight loss battle. I feel so gross and giggily!
One of my sisters tricks for late night snacking is chewing gum. She says it really works. I say fill your belly up with water. Missy also uses those 100 Calorie snacks. She has one for dessert every night. My problem with those is I eat like 5 packages!! That doesn't work so well!!!!
Missy is now buying clothes in smaller sizes and having lots of fun shopping. You will get there too. And then you can give me advice when i'm ready to loose.
Talk to you soon!
M

Sarah said...

Great job on keeping up with the journaling about your food intake and exercise. I have always found that to be very difficult and my physical therapist wants me to write down what I do all day every day so I can work on building up my standing/walking and other tolerances. I also struggling with the night time snacking. It's definitely a lot easier to eat when no one is watching.