Monday, February 04, 2008

Week one!

Well, I am 2 pounds lighter!! Yep! I am happy to report a 2 lb. weight loss this week. I forgot to take my measurements last week so all I can compare is my weight. Overall, I am VERY PROUD of my progress. I set 2 main goals and stuck with them 100%!!! Here are the "tools" that I am using...

1) sparkpeople.com You've GOT to check out this website!!! It's the coolest thing for helping you set up your goals, nutrition plan (it even makes your grocery list for you), fitness routine (figures how many calories you need to burn per week to reach your goal), allows you to track your daily nutrition & fitness activity...not to mention all these special teams you can join for extra encouragment and support...some not even related to weight loss (fave tv show, etc). Anyway, there's a silly reward system that I am embarrassed to say motivates me to try to earn "spark points". My sister and friend, Jerri have joined. If you want to join us, go to the website and sign-up. It's FREE!!! I seriously have never had anything help motivate me more than this site. My 2 main goals are to track my food intake and fitness activity daily. Knowing that I have to write down everything I eat has saved me from eating WAY more than I should! BTW--my user name is skinnyjme if you want to look me up!

2) the treadmill! I LOVE having one in our house now. Going to the gym was such a chore (packing up the kids, etc). I love hopping on the treadmill and being done with my workout in aprox. 30 min!

3) Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt DVDs. Another home exercise that I've REALLY ENJOYED!! The trainers are great and the workouts are set-up to increase as your cardio/strength increases. I love seeing REAL people working out!! Make no mistake...the workouts are hard...even at level 1...Murray and I got our tails kicked!!

4) Dove Dark Chocolate Hearts...I REALLY enjoy having something sweet a couple times a day. (It used to be after every meal and for several snacks). I eat 1 or 2 of these a day and they don't take up many calories (about 40 each). It helps give me that sweet "fix" without spending too many calories.

5) Support....I have to give my sister, Kim, the prize for this one! She's right there with me and we talk every day about what we did well, didn't do well, etc. We've swapped a few recipes. But somehow just knowing she's sticking with it, helps me to do the same. I really appreciate all the emails and comments you guys sent me last week. They are super encouraging too!!

I did have 2 setbacks this week. A snack binge at 11:00 Thursday night and Superbowl Sunday dinner. I did WAY better on Superbowl snacking than I thought I would but I still consumed more calories than I should've! The best news for me to report is that I immediately got back on track after both setbacks. I would've just scrapped the whole week and then said "next Monday I'll start over" but I didn't do that this time!! I restarted the next morning!

My two biggest challenges are drinking enough water and NOT snacking after dinner.

Well, that's it for this week's weight update! Thanks again for helping keep me accountable!

8 comments:

Katherine said...

Yay! So happy for you. :)

Jerri said...

Yay, Jaime! Great job! You have a great attitude--no all or nothing thinking, and that's great, because you'll succeed by looking at your overall progress!
I still am using Fitday.com to track my food, because I haven't switched over completely to Sparkpeople.com yet. I like the way Fitday.com tracks my progress over the months with nutrition, activity and calories....but Sparkpeople seems to help more with recipes etc. I'm going to try to use Sparkpeople along with Fitday, because I can use all of the motivation I can get! :) Congratulations on a great 1st week, skinnyjme! :)

Monica said...

GO JAIME I am so excited for you. I am in the process of losing some poundage myself. I am going to check out the web site you mentioned. Water is so key and is so hard for some reason. Keep up the good work. I think this was a bad week for Miss Monica. I typically maintain control pretty well, but for some reason didn't care this week. I am trying again. : ) Love you friend.

Laura Scott said...

Yippee!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erinlo said...

Hey Jamie- You have totally inspired me and I joined sparkpeople. My username is erinlo. Send me a message sometime! Maybe we can try and encourage each other. -Erin L.

jaime s said...

Erin--Have you created a Spark Page? I tried to look you up and couldn't find you? Mine is skinnyjme you can add yourself to my friend's if you set up a page, then I can visit yours!

So glad you joined! I HIGHLY recommend going to the Getting Started Guide on the "start" page. It walks you thru everything the site has to offer.

Welcome!! I'm looking forward to having another friend to help me (and to encourage too) in this journey!

Murray Sanderson said...

Hey honey,
I'm so proud of you! You are reaching your goals!
Thanks for helping our whole family switch to healthier habits...the meals you've made this week, though healthy, have still been yummy.
Faithy, Eli & I love you very much,
Murray

Sarah said...

Congrats on the great job! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!