Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My 1st Mother's Day

What a WONDERFUL Mommy's Day this was for me! Here is the sweetest, smilest, most beautiful baby girl I've seen! Thank you, Faithy for making Mommy's day SO PERFECT!!

Murray and Faith planned the BEST Mother's Day for me. After church, we had dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Rio Grande. Yum!
The most thoughtful and perfect gifts were given to me once we got home. My favorite from Faith was a sweet book called, "I love you, Mommy." I teared up reading it. And Murray surprised me with a really neat frame with an embroidered matting which said "Mommy & Me". I can't do it justice by describing it with words so I'll post a picture of it once we put a picture inside. (Thank you to Amanda for spending some of your special Mommy's day weekend to make me such a memorable gift!!)

Faith is learning to hug! I LOVE when she reaches around my neck and just holds onto me for awhile! Nothing beats that sweet feeling!!
Here's one of my new favorite pics of Faith. She'd trying to beat the Texas heat with her new shades and sun hat. Too cute!! (It'll be awhile before she gets to wear these in Virginia as our weather has turned pretty chilly these last few weeks.)


My sweet and thoughtful mother-in-law honored me with a few gifts as well. Thank you, Alice for helping to make this a special day for me.

The greatest gift this Mother's Day came from God who graciously gave me the incredible gift of motherhood. It is a gift I have been longing for since my childhood years and is a far greater blessing than I imagined all the years in between. I will continue to cherish the joys of motherhood all the days of my life and count myself blessed simply because I got to be a Mommy! Thank you, God for being so sweet to me!!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Precious pictures with your precious daughter! God is so good and being a Mother is the best gift in the world! Enjoy those sweet hugs...they get better and better.

Donna Wright

Anonymous said...

Well all those pics are total framers- beautiful!!! The one of Faith in her pink shades and hat is priceless- she is too adorable. I'm so glad you got to enjoy some yummy Mexican food on Mother's Day- I love Rio Grande too!

Anonymous said...

You were made to be a mommy, Jaime. Faith will always treasure her mommy's gifts of service and love. I'm sure she will find surprise Peeps and Reese's throughout her childhood:).You are awesome!

Candice said...

Love you!