Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm 5 months old (5 months plus 11 days now...)




Faith is growing like crazy, and getting cuter by the minute. As a new father, there are so many moments during the day where I'm thinking to myself...oh my goodness, she is the most precious thing I've ever known...like this morning when I'm eating my cereal (after she's had hers first, of course...), Faith is sitting in her bouncy seat just looking at me. Every time I look at her, she grins widely, with her mouth & with her eyes. Then I look back down at my cereal, but out of the corner of my eye, I see that she doesn't take her eyes off of me. Her face is just sitting there waiting for me to look at her, and then she smiles like there's no tomorrow. And that's just one of the 20 most incredible moments from today, one day out of her 5 months.

I am so thankful to be a Dad, and to have God as my constant Counselor, Comforter, Guide. On my own, I'm completely inadequate. With God, I can handle it...actually, excel at it.

And Jaime, you are the most beautiful I've ever seen you. Watching Faith look into your eyes is simply too difficult to describe. She loves you so much, and is so content with the world when she's in your arms. Thank you for loving me, and for being so tender with our daughter. You are a wonderful mother, and I thoroughly enjoyed spoiling you on your 1st Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime, Murray and Faith--

I had some people over to dinner last night and a friend pulled me aside to ask who the cute girl on my fridge was! She said Faith was the cutest baby on there. I admit that she was not the only baby pictured, so that is something.

I love the blog and check it all the time to see the great pictures.

Take care, Eileen Burkhalter Smith

Candice said...

Can't believe Faith is already 5 months old!

Jaime, I was wondering if you sing "Baby Mine" from Dumbo to her. You introduced me to that song back in college, and I now sing it to my girls. I heard Isabelle singing it today, and it made me think of you and Faith.

jaime s said...

Candice,

I do!!! It's part of our nightly routine! I love that song and know I will bawl everytime I hear it once Faith has grown up but for now I REALLY enjoy singing it to her and holding her close.

Eileen,

We are looking forward to when you and Eric can meet your newest cousin. She is so precious and will smile at you from ear to ear. We love introducing her to new people. Hope you guys are doing well!

Jerri,

Thanks for your comment...and your prayers. You are an amazing prayer warrior and I know you have prayed over our family numerous times. We appreciate you and your family so much!

JS