Sunday, May 07, 2006

National Day of Prayer

This past Thursday was the National Day of Prayer. In honor of this special day, a 24 hour Bible reading marathon was set up on the front lawn of the Capitol building. My Daddy signed up to be one of the readers. He got to read the first few chapters of Ecclesiastes (I hope I spelled that right). He did such a good job. I was very proud of him. Here are some pictures of the event.

Daddy on the lawn of the Capitol building reading the Bible.

Here I am listening to Daddy reading my favorite book!

This is our friend, Sammie. He works in the Capitol and came down to hear Daddy read. He couldn't resist getting a picture with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Faith and Sammie is so cute! :) They both look so happy to be in each other's company.

Sign2Jill said...

Those pictures are adorable! How sweet of you to post them, Faith!

Anonymous said...

How appropriate that an answer to prayer is watching her Daddy ready the word of God from the steps of the Capitol. How fitting that a lawyer many of us prayed for as he took the bar exam is holding the other answer to prayer. Wow...is inspires me to keep praying!

Anonymous said...

Truly amazing pics!!!! So glad I thought to take a look at this entry!!! Wow!!! Wish I'd been there. What a memory for Faith (and for Dad).